Code of conduct - Bühler Technologies GmbH
This Code of Conduct defines the basic requirements placed on suppliers of Bühler Technologies GmbH concerning their responsibilities towards their stakeholders and the environment.
The supplier declares herewith:
1) to comply with the laws of the applicable legal systems.
2) to tolerate no form of and not to engage directly or indirectly in any form of corruption or bribery and not to grant, offer or promise anything of value to influence official action or obtain an improper advantage.
3) to respect for the basic human rights of employees
- to promote equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age
- to respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual
- to refuse to employ or make anyone work against his will
- to refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- to prohibit behavior including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative; to provide fair remuneration and to guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage
- to comply with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws
- to recognize, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favor nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions.
4) to employ no workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, to employ no workers under the age of 14.
5) to take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees, control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases; to set up or use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system and to provide appropriate training for employees
6) to act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection, to minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection with behalf of an environment management system
7) to use reasonable efforts to promote among its suppliers compliance with this Code of Conduct and to comply with the principles of nondiscrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment.
8) to take reasonable efforts to avoid in its products the use of raw materials which directly or indirectly finance armed groups who violate human rights.